Development Bank of North Macedonia AD Skopje is the only development bank in the Republic of North Macedonia founded with a special Law on Establishing the Macedonian Bank for Development Promotion on May 21st, 1998 (Official Gazette of RM No. 24/98, 6/2000, 109/2005 and 130/2008). In 2009, a new Law on MBDP was adopted (Official Gazette of R.M. No. 105/2009) aimed at improvement of the Bank’s position and the specific role MBDP has as a development bank in the banking industry and in the economy of the Republic of North Macedonia. For the same purpose, in April 2021, the Law on Amending the Law on Macedonian Bank for Development Promotion was adopted (Official Gazette of RSM no. 77/2021).
DBNM is a joint stock company, founded and entirely owned by the Republic of North Macedonia.
To be a reliable partner for the financial support of micro, small and medium enterprises in our country.
Our mission as a development and export bank of the Republic of North Macedonia is to support the creation of new values based on knowledge, cultural heritage, and natural resources aiming at a constant and balanced development of all regions throughout the Republic of North Macedonia.
1. Non-competition, non-discrimination, and transparency in operations
2. Profitability and efficiency
3. Economic justification of investment projects and investments
4. Application and promotion of good corporate governance in the Bank
1. Financing the development of the Macedonian economy
2. Financing of infrastructure
3. Providing support to the development of small and medium-sized enterprises in the Republic of North Macedonia
4. Instigating exports
5. Instigating environment protection
6. Providing export credit insurance of Macedonian products and services against commercial and political risks
7. Supporting the regional development
Micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and export-oriented companies.
As of 31.12.2021, DBNM has 44 employees.